Throughout our Learning 2.0 programs, you've been exploring many of the new internet technologies and websites that are empowering users with the ability to create and share content. But there are so many more emerging every day. And although time will only tell which of these new collaborative, social networking and information tools will remain on top, one thing is for sure, they're not going to go away (at least anytime soon).
For this discovery exercise, participants are asked to select any site from this list of the 13th Annual Webby Awards Nominees & Winners and explore it. The Webby Awards honor excellence in interactive design, creativity, usability and functionality on the Internet in over 100+ Website, Interactive Advertising, Online Film & Video, and Mobile Web categories.
With so many to choose from, it might be handy to first select a category that interests you, like Education, Social Networking or Youth, and then select a tool/site to explore from that shorter list.
Be careful to select a tool that is Free. Some services may require a plug-in or download.
Assignment:
- Select any site/tool from the list of the 13th Annual Webby Awards Nominees & Winners.
- Explore the site/tool you selected.
- Create a post about your discovery. What did you like or dislike about the tool? What were the site’s useful features? Could you see any applications for its use in a library setting?

7 comments:
I visited the wordle website and when I saw a sample of the finished products I knew my patrons would enjoy creating notebook covers, wall posters, and much more using this tool. Hopefully this is just the beginning of what they will offer as far as colors, background choices, styles, etc. because it seems somewhat limiting to me.
I made a cover picture for my library notebook with any and all kinds of words I could connect to our library. It was fun, creative and stylish looking.
I actually finished before the end of the month! The link for my blog is http://learnewthings.blogspot.com/2009/11/thing-30-webby-awards.html
It was interesting to see some of the sites.
I found something awesome.
I think I will really enjoy reading other comments and then exploring their choices. I was somewhat familiar with my choice, Blurb and was impressed to see it as a nominee.
Thing #30.
An interesting assignment, and I found something to smile about.
I found something beautiful:
http://rapunzelowhatageek.blogspot.com/2009/11/thing-30-webby-choice.html
Here is Thing #30, take a gander at the library themed superhero team I made,
http://bibliognome.blogspot.com/2009/11/thing-30-webby-wonders.html
Post a Comment